Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inspiring Creativity

Well, we have moved around our house again! It seems like we do this every few weeks. We are constantly trying to make this little space for our family of six work better. I think we hit a winner this week!

Savanna has been really into doing crafts lately- sewing, knitting, painting, etc. Every time she gets a creative "kick" she takes over our entire living room. We can't use the kitchen table for hours or walk around our main living space. It isn't her fault- there is no where else for her to be creative. Inspired by our friend Jen's craft room, we decided it was time to make a room designed especially for crafts and play. That's hard to do when you only have 3 bedrooms, but the children decided they wanted to make one room their sleeping room and the other room their craft room. We are super impressed with how it turned out, and they have been having a blast today in their new craft/play room!

Before: (the upstairs bedroom- once was a second bedroom)


And, After!


The boys' reading nook.

Savanna's sewing/craft area.





The Kids' "Sleeping Room"- a bit crowded, but it has a cozy feel to it, and so far it is working out.


Savanna's side.

The Boys' side.


And, a blog post of late would not be complete without pictures of our Emma Leigh!

Emma in her sleep sack.


I don't care what people say, she's smiling!

Daddy kissing her good night.

September 13, 2010

2 comments:

Andersons and sons said...

I love it. We are working on our Jen inspired craft room too. This looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Heather Serrano said...

She looks like she is smiling to me! I remember Sofia "smiled" the first couple of weeks and everyone said it was gas. Cute gas I say.