Well, it's been a week since I last blogged. It feels like a LOT longer! What was I saying in my last post about handling every thing pretty well? Um....yeah. Haven't really figured out how to juggle four kids, three of whom are home schooled and one who is a month old, when my hormones are still adjusting and I'm completely sleep-deprived! I need James to take more time off! When he leaves, the children start going crazy. The baby cries, Ben starts breaking things or hurting people, Bradley yells and slams doors, and Savanna does her "Woe is me, I'm Cinderella" bit! I barely made it through his first four days back to work. Thankfully my Mom came for a visit and helped cook us some meals and entertain the children. James was off another four days (which went a LOT better), and now he is back at work. We juggled soccer games all day today again (Boys tied 8 to 8, and Savanna's team won again 5 to 1!), made some granola (super good recipe- when I have more time, I'll post it on my food blog), and when I finish my blogging, we will be doing NOTHING the rest of the day (by nothing I mean feed the baby, change the baby, make dinner, change the baby, put the boys to bed, feed the baby, change the baby, maybe read or mindlessly watch TV, feed the baby, change the baby, and hopefully sleep)!
OK...enough whining. I know, this too shall pass. We will all figure out our places in our new family life. Until then, here are some of the pictures of Emma from this week's adventures. I couldn't decide which ones I liked best, so I posted them all! Hey, it's my blog- I can do what I want! ;)
Tummy Time- my first baby who loves to be on her tummy! Her favorite sleeping position is on her tummy on some one's chest.
This pacifier looks so funny, but she loves it! My first kid to ever take one.
Emma got her first diaper rash this week-poor baby. Brad and I gave her an oatmeal bath, kept her in cloth diapers all day, and put a mixture of jojoba oil and tea tree oil on her bum- it was gone by the next day! And as you can see, she found her bath to be very relaxing. She fell asleep after about 3 minutes in there (Brad actually took this picture for me)!
Another child cursed with James' cowlicks!
Ok, this is kind of morbid, but funny (see the video below). Just in the past day or so, Emma has begun to really focus on people and objects. We were trying to figure out how to hang one of her toys so she could look at it. Savanna came up with the idea to tie some yarn around the doll's neck and hang her from the back of the futon- it worked and Emma liked it! She stared at this doll for close to 20 minutes, and the fell asleep (I think it's time to borrow your little play mat, Heath!). :)
September 19 - 25, 2010

No comments:
Post a Comment