Saturday, September 18, 2010

Soccer Saturday

Today was my second day with all four children without any help (James went back to work yesterday). Today was my first day doing all the soccer games also. So far I think I'm doing pretty good! It hasn't been too stressful. I'm a bit tired, and we haven't been doing anything super zealous, but overall it is going well. Savanna and Bradley are super independent which helps a lot. Bradley came up to my room and took out my little trash with all of Emma's diapers from the night before, and even folded the load of laundry in the dryer without me asking him! He also makes him and his brother lunch on a regular basis. Savanna is my right-hand woman. She has been feeding the boys breakfast so I can rest with the baby, and is always available to help and hold Emma whenever I need her.

Benjamin...well, I guess he is the quintessential "baby" of the family (not anymore, but he still acts like it!). He is having a hard time pulling his own weight. He still insists that he can't put his own shoes on by himself, and any mess in the house was never made by him. We've been talking to him a lot about teamwork and being a team player. Even though he's had to do a lot more since the baby's arrival, he hasn't shown any jealousy directed at her. He absolutely adores her! Benjamin saw the outfit I picked out for Emma today for their soccer games and said "Ah, that is so cute. Everyone is going to fall in-love with her just like we did!" He proudly showed her off to all his friends at the field. One mom said he was lucky to have 2 sisters. He replied, "Yep, I have one big sister who makes me breakfast, and one little sister who is just fun." :)

Savanna has handled being a big sister remarkably well over the years, and the same can be said with Emma's arrival. Even though the younger siblings get a lot of attention, and Savanna has her moments of needing the spotlight too (and sometimes acting out to get it), overall she loves her younger brothers and new sister. She is often caught bragging about them or telling funny stories about them. I hope they remain close over the years.

Bradley, my sweet and sensitive boy, has been having the hardest time adjusting to life with a new baby. He loves the baby, but he misses the time I have to spend with her. He has been having an even harder time since James went back to work. I have been trying to spend some extra time with him and do little things to make him feel special. I'm sure it will work itself out, but in the meantime I get to deal with an over-emotional six year old with a bit of an anger-management problem (that runs in the family!). Oh, well. It keeps things interesting around here!

Well, I am terrible at charging my camera. We headed out for the soccer field today with bags of gear and goodies (food, diaper bag, water, sunblock, camera, blankets, the stroller-it was an ordeal)! The boys had a game at 9 am and then Savanna's game wasn't until 11:30 am, so we just spent the morning there. I took pictures of Emma in her little bucket seat as we walked to the field. My camera died after a couple of shots! So no soccer pictures, but here are the pictures of Emma!



Brad and Ben lost, which was very upsetting to Bradley. I don't even think Benjamin noticed. Every time the opposing team would get a goal, Ben would yell that it wasn't "in" and didn't count. Not sure why he thought that, but it made him feel better! Savanna's team did awesome. They won 4 to 1. Her team has really been coming together lately, and it's really fun to watch.

We are home now, and are going to watch a movie and relax for the rest of the day. Tomorrow will be another first- my first day at church with the kiddos sans hubby, and then my Mom is coming tomorrow night! Busy, busy....but good. :)

September 18, 2010

No comments: