Saturday, October 30, 2010

Busy Bees

Tuesday was a busy day of dentist appointments, park play, and colloquium discussions.

All three kids had their check-ups. No cavities, thankfully! We also found out that Bradley may be only missing 6 permanent teeth (we were told previously that he was missing 8!). It will still be quite unfortunate and costly, but won't be as difficult as we thought. Benjamin, on the other hand, has one extra tooth! He will have to have oral surgery in the next year or so to remove his extra front tooth. Fortunately we have Savanna with her supermodel smile!!



It was a beautiful day so we played at a nearby park for a couple hours and then hit our new favorite deli, Jersey Mikes, for some killer subs.

When we arrived home, James and I prepared for our colloquium on "Walden" by the infamous Thoreau. It was a great discussion about simplifying our lives and focusing on the more important, spiritual matters. Although I wasn't able to finish it in its entirety, I gained some great insight from his 2 year sabbatical in his cabin by Walden Pond. I have found that although I may not have 2 years to spend in nature, I can be like Thoreau and make time every day to enjoy God's blessings, read, pray, meditate, and have quiet. It brings peace and sanity. It invites the Spirit. What mother of four can't use more of that?

October 26, 2010

No comments: