Saturday, October 9, 2010

Our Monthly Temple Trips

James and I have decided to start attending the temple once a month. Since Emma is so little, we met Kathleen and Wendy down at the new visitor's center in Santa Monica, and they watched the kids for a few hours while we went in the temple. It was a wonderful day. We hadn't been to the temple together since before my pregnancy. We have been pondering and praying about some very specific things for our family, and we received a lot of comfort and clarity in a short period of time. Even though it is a lot of driving for one day, we are excited to go each month. One of the prophets said that you always leave the temple a better person than you entered. That is exactly how I felt. I really can't wait until we go again.

The new visitor's center is AMAZING. The kids had a blast. There are so many interactive stations, videos, and rooms to enjoy. Plus, it is run by Sister Missionaries who always bring their special spirit to the environment. Ben really enjoyed a station where you can sit and color pictures of the temple. You can even email your pictures to family members or post your creations on a screen right there in the visitor's center. Bradley enjoyed all the videos about Christ and the prophets. He told me he could feel the Spirit very strong in the visitor's center. When James and I returned from the temple, Bradley was my little missionary. He showed me each and every room and made me watch his favorite videos. It was very cute.

Grandma coloring with the boys.

Ben at his "creation station."

The boys each received a new Book of Mormon to take home.







This was my favorite room. It was a climate-controlled stone room that truly felt like a sepulchre. The Spirit was especially strong here. You could watch videos about Christ's death and Resurrection.






There were television monitors all over the building. Each would show different videos pertaining to a gospel topic. They also have a bigger theatre where they show church feature films. Right now they are showing the Joseph Smith Movie.


"We believe in the same organization that existed in the primitive church. Namely apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth." Article of Faith 6





This room was set up like a real living room where they can show church videos and have discussions.

Here are a bunch of individual stations with videos of testimonies and scriptures to watch and read.

Future missionary?!? Savanna enjoyed talking with the Sister Missionaries. They told her all about their missions. Savanna is trying to decide if she wants to go on a mission some day. I think it would be a wonderful experience for her. I wish I would have had an opportunity to do that as a young adult. We shall see!

Savanna with our Aubrey Lee.

Love this little face!

Nice!

James and "the girls."

James doing his "daddy magic." If I ever need Emma to go to sleep, he's the man. She loves to be rocked in her daddy's arms!

See what I mean!


It was a LONG, but wonderful day!

Good Night!

October 7, 2010

No comments: