Saturday, October 23, 2010

Savanna's 13th Birthday Party

Savanna and the other young men and women from the ward went down to the temple the Saturday after her birthday, so we moved her birthday party to the following Friday night. She opted to do a party with just a few of her girlfriends. It was simple, short, and sweet- just the way I like it!

We rented out our little clubhouse and they were able to play board games, eat junk food, watch a movie, and talk their heads off. Bradley asked if he could stay until 8 o' clock and be the "party helper." He was very cute. He went around and asked all the girls what they wanted to drink and brought them their requests. He played a couple games with them, and then it was off to bed!



Savanna got some awesome "girlie" gifts- a cool bag, scented body washes, nail polish and a manicure kit- super fun!

The girls at the temple, Oct. 16, 2010

Savanna and the rest of the youth from the ward.

I have to say I am very impressed with Savanna and her friends. They are very sweet and polite. They dress modestly and speak appropriately. It is great to see Savanna interacting with peers who have a high caliber of moral values and live by them. The world may be rough, but I think our youth are going to make it better.

Oct 22, 2010

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'd give you a hard time about lack of updates...but that whole pot calling the kettle lazy...or something like that! I'm thinking I might actually blog this weekend.