First off: Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
I love Thanksgiving. It's a great opportunity to really think about what you are grateful for, celebrate friendships and family, and, yes, eat some yummy food! The kids and I started out our holiday by making a couple of "thankful walls." It was great to ask them what they were thankful for and hear their heart-felt, yet random, answers. We made leaves and hand turkeys and then I would write what they were thankful for on them. Their answers ranged from "I am thankful for bees" or "I am thankful for air" to "I am thankful for my family" and "I am thankful for the missionaries." I guess I asked one too many times because Ben finally looked at me real serious and shouted, "I'm thankful for EVERYTHING, okay?!?" For once he was right on the money with that answer. :)
My first attempt at a homemade pumpkin pie. I even made the crust from scratch with pastry flour. This is a picture before we baked it- it turned out really good.
Overall it was great day. We celebrated early because James got some killer overtime on Thanksgiving Day. Then the kids and I headed out to Palmdale to celebrate my uncle Greg's 60th birthday! It was a very fun weekend. We, of course, got to see Sofi and she is SO big and super beautiful. :)
Nov. 22nd- Nov. 30th 2009

No comments:
Post a Comment