Sunday, August 1, 2010

Aren't We Crafty?

Savanna has been on a crafty kick. Her friend, Leena, taught her how to sew her own headbands. We went to the fabric store and bought a bunch of stuff for her to make more. She is hoping to make and sell a bunch on www.etsy.com. We'll keep you posted on when her store is up and running!



She also made these darling throw pillows. My great-aunt passed away and we received a bunch of her beautiful handkerchiefs. Savanna turned them into pillows (with the help of a great seamstress!), and gave them to family members as memento gifts.




I finally finished Benjamin's 1st year scrapbook tonight- I know, he's only 5 now! But, I wanted him to have at least one album done before the baby is born. With the baby coming so soon, Savanna and Bradley have been taking out their baby books on a regular basis and asking me all sorts of questions about when they were babies. Poor Ben had about 3 pages of his book done, and I've been promising him I'd finish it. I can't wait to surprise him with it tomorrow morning! (This is my first scrap book completely unaided- my best pal Jax put together the rest or helped me with the layouts...it's pretty good for my first shot. Some pages are definitely better than others! It's a learning curve, for sure.)



July 28- August 2, 2010

1 comment:

Jackie said...

scrapbooking is an evolution, not a learning curve. Your style, technique etc will change as you continue to play w/ it. we need to talk about Emma's book soon! ;)