Friday, August 27, 2010

Emma Leigh Eve Has Arrived!!

My water broke late Sunday night and after a pretty intense labor of 16 1/2 hours, Emma Leigh joined our family on Monday, August 23, 2010 at 4:27pm. She weighed 8 lbs and 4 oz, and was 20 5/8 " long! She is absolutely perfect!!

Emma, Day 1










Emma, Day 2



Emma, Day 3






Even though this was my fourth baby and my previous births have been relatively quick and easy, this girl gave me a run for my money! I was fully dilated for much of the labor, but her head was tilted in a funny position and was caught under my pubic bone. After being up for for over 30 hours, my energy and morale started to wain (to say the least- I pretty much had reached my threshold). Because my water had broken the night before, we only had a small window of time left to get the baby out, or transfer to a hospital. Between two great midwives, a fabulously supportive husband, an amazing hypnotherapist (Dawn Marie you are my angel!!), and divine intervention (thank you to everyone who was praying for me that day- I felt your love and support when I needed it the most), I was able to make that switch in my mind to push through the discomfort (literally!) and have Emma. Once this "switch" was made, she was out and in my arms within about 20 minutes! I know, I should have made that decision hours before, but it sure shows you the power of the mind and intention, not to mention the power of prayer!

James and I fell in-love at first sight, and so did her brothers and sister. She is a serene and happy baby. We are getting the hang of breast feeding, and I've been having a bit of struggle recovering from the ordeal, but hopefully in the next few days everything will be going smoother. I feel so blessed to be a mommy again, and I feel that our family is finally complete. Emma has been hovering around us for many years, and now we get to enjoy her sweet spirit and kiss her beautiful face! We love your Emma Leigh!!

August 23, 2010

No comments: