I have a feeling Emma may steal the "blog light" for the next little while, so I wanted to write a bit about my other three wonderful children. :)
SAVANNA
Savanna is turning into such a beautiful young woman. Although she has "officially" entered the teen years and is trying to figure out her place in the world, she is great source of help and entertainment around here. She is very funny and playful, characteristics that I hope she can hang on to for the rest of her life. She has recently begun a journey of truly loving to learn, especially in the area of the arts. She sews, cooks, bakes, knits, scrapbooks, and paints. It has been wonderful to see her blossom from a child who would pout on our couch most of our school mornings to one that self-starts projects and is eager to learn new things. I am very proud of her, and am also excited about the example she is setting for her younger siblings.
BRADLEY
Bradley has always been my sensitive "old soul." He has a deep, genuine love for people which I think is rare to find in a six year old. He especially seems to be softened towards the elderly and those with afflictions or physical limitations. At church on Sundays he makes it a point to go around and greet as many people as he can (mostly the older people), shaking their hands and introducing himself. He especially likes to sit with this one elderly couple. The husband has been suffering from Alzheimer's for years, and Bradley is very drawn to him. Last Sunday he was sitting with this couple during Sacrament meeting, and another elderly man in a wheelchair started wheeling towards the exit. Bradley jumped up from his pew and quickly ran to open the door for him. He has also been so sweet with me as I've entered this last trimester of my pregnancy. He is always asking me how I am or if I need anything. He loves to rub my belly and talk to Emma. He's just a sweetheart of a boy.
BENJAMIN
Benjamin is also a sweet and fun boy...he just exhibits these qualities in a different way than his brother. He is my deep thinker- he is always watching and observing the people and activities in his environment. He knows everything, and even informed James the other day that he is our smartest kid because he is thinking all the time! Benjamin just says things how they are, which at times can be a refreshing quality. We never have to guess what Ben is feeling or thinking because he lets us know! He is also very smart and creative, and is probably our most coordinated child. Sports and building things come natural to him. He can fix his toys and put together large puzzles on his own. He is definitely a "hands-on" kind of guy. He has a great memory, and I find that he absorbs large amounts of information just by observing or overhearing it. I am looking forward to seeing what he accomplishes and learns to do as he gets older.
All are so different, but wonderful in their own ways. I can't wait to throw Emma into the mix and see what kind of spirit she has! Aren't I a lucky Mommy?? :)
August 15, 2010

1 comment:
Yes you are! I love those kiddos!! Great pics too.
Post a Comment