Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's Happening Here


Well, it's been pretty mellow around here. I've been keeping my word about laying low, resting, and getting the last few things together for Emma's arrival. We've been doing a lot of reading, playing board games, and watching shows. On James' days off he gets the kids out and runs them around, so it is all working out.

Two weeks to go until my due date. I had my 38 week check up today. Head is still down, her heartbeat sounds good, and my midwife gave me some comforting news. She said from the feel of things, Emma doesn't appear to be that big. She said maybe around 7 lbs! I've never had a 7 lb baby- my last one was close to 9 1/2! I will be watching my carbs these next two weeks very diligently. Hopefully we can keep her healthy, but not huge!

Savanna has been very busy the last week or so. Since I have been taking a little "break" she has enlisted several people to help her with her interests. She has been having piano lessons, sewing lessons, art lessons, algebra lessons, and she just began soccer practices. She also signed up this year to be an AYSO referee, so she will be attending a referee training tomorrow night. It's nice that she can stay busy and stimulated without my constant companionship. The boys are much more easily entertained. They will literally sit for hours while someone reads to them- love that! I just finished Harriet Stowe's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" for next week's book group. I will write about that later, but I was very impressed with the writing and content of this novel. What an amazing story!


August 5 - August 11, 2010

No comments: